Cookies From Cake Mix
I get requests for this simple cookie recipe all the time and when you taste them, I know you will just love how good they are. There are a lot of variations of this particular recipe, but this one is the most simple and tastiest that I have made. I would love to hear how you like them too!
- 1 box any variety, any flavor cake mix (I like Betty Crocker yellow cake, chocolate (pictured), or spice cake)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegtable oil (canola works fine too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together in a bowl until dough forms
- Scoop spoonfuls into bowl of granulated sugar
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for a few minutes
*Tips- I cover my baking sheet with foil or parchment paper to reduce clean up,
I role my my spoonfuls of dough in sugar, but that is an optional step (it makes them look pretty too!)
And I find that if I remove them from the oven right at the 10 minute mark, they are softer and more chewy.
*This post was previously published on September 13, 2008 on this blog and is reprinted with permission.