These gorgeous cardboard stars are fairly simple to make and have a definite "wow" factor! I'm using mine to make a mobile in the kids room, but they would make a beautiful addition to any Christmas Tree and I'm sure you crafty ladies out there can imagine other fantastic uses for them! This is definitely a craft for mom (although kids can help sprinkle the glitter). Want to make some?
Things You will need:
- empty toilet paper rolls (each roll makes about one star)
4. Do this all the way around until you have your desired shape (5 rings make a star and 6 make a flower). Let dry completely.
- glue, the school liquid variety
- clothes pins
-spray paint (Cheap kind from Walmart in White)
-ULTRA FINE glitter (I used green/white)
1. Cut the toilet paper roll into 3/4 inch "rings" (see photo below)
I made several stars and let them dry completely,before I went on to the next step...
.5. Spray paint each one in whatever color you desire...I chose white
5a. Spray with spray adhesive. (Some commenters who tried just the spray paint said the glitter didn't stick well to the paint. So I added the step in to spray with spray adhesive.
6. Sprinkle it with glitter lay it out on wax paper or somewhere clean, cool, and dry and let dry for an hour.
7. Grab a cup of iced coffee, relax, and marvel at how crafty you are!
Original tutorial and other variations found here.
*Update: Check out the comments for how some readers made this project work for kids
*Also see comments from readers who couldn't get spray paint to work.