Celebrate Independance Day this year by making a sweet little Handprint American Flag! You'll need a few supplies before you begin:
- red, white and blue paint
- blue construction paper
- paint brushes
- popsicle stick
- small star stickers
- glue stick
- scissors/paper cutter
- hole punch
- thin ribbon in red, white, or blue
Step to get you there:
1) Paint the palm of your child's hand blue and the fingers (not the thumb) red and white alternately (as shown in the photo).
(Steps 2 through 4 are conspicuously missing photos...I guess that's what happens when you have wiggle worms for kids!)
2) Place your child's hand, palm and fingers down, onto the construction paper and let dry.
3) Using scissors or a paper cutter, cut the construction paper to fit the handprint.
4) Have your child help you apply mini star stickers to the palm area.
5) Using a glue stick, have them apply glue to the top half of the popsicle stick (leaving room for little hands to grab the flag (as seen in the photo below).
6) Punch a hole in the upper left corner of the flag, and string whatever combo of the thin ribbon you wish. Tie the ribbon off and you are ready to celebrate!