Your summer party guests will enjoy their sweet treats a little more with this simple garnishing tip: Rim your dessert glass and/or bowl with coarse decorating sugar! In fact, why wait for summer party guests? Your family will appreciate this simple addition as well! If you want to know, here's how:
1. Find coarse decorating sugar and put it in a shallow bowl or pan. I bought a pre-made watermelon flavored cocktail edger at my local grocery. Worked great!
2. Choose your serving glass and/or dish. Clear is preferable. Wine glasses make perfect single serving dishes for desserts!
3. Using a very damp cloth or sponge, swipe the edge of the dish. (you can also cut a wedge of a small piece of fruit, like a lemon or a lime and use that to rim the glass-best to do with unflavored sugar).
4. Very quickly dip the dish into the sugar, giving it a little turn to cover all the missed spots.
It should look something like this (the very tip of the rim is recommended for drinks):
5. Add a cool and refreshing dessert (mine is raspberry sherbet, the creamy sister of sorbet)
6. Top with two freshly chilled raspberries and a sprig of mint! Simply delicious! And it's a dessert that packs a lot of "wow factor" for very little effort! Happy Entertaining!