Show your gratitude this holiday season with photos! Photo Thank You Cards are fun and easy to make. Before you know it, you will have a personal and creative thank you card ready for that special occasion. You’ll need a few things to get this simple project completed.
- Magnetic Alphabet Letters
- Digital Camera
- Photo Printer
- Cardstock in color of your choice
- Glue stick (acid free) or photo corners
I happen to have been blessed with a photo printer thanks to the fine folks at HP. So this project was that much easier because I was able to print the photos at home. (If you don’t have a photo printer at home, then have them printed via your local 1 hour print shop. Many grocery stores have photo printing services available, so you can pick up your print when you are shopping.)
- Arrange the magnetic letters to spell the words “Thank You”.
- Photograph the words in good light near a window. Try not to use your flash
- Print out the image on 4x6 photo paper, set aside
- Cut cardstock to 6 1/2 by 9
- Fold cardstock in half to make a 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 folded card.
- Adhere “Thank You” photo to front of card using photo corners or adhesive.
- If cardstock is dark in color, think about lining the inside with a piece of white cardstock sized 4 x 6.
***I am including the “thank you” images in this post, so that you may use them if you wish. I put a creative commons liscense on them, so if you use them in a blog post, just attribute back to me. So, if you don’t have alphabet letters, you can just use mine!
***Click on the photos to be taken to the image in my flickr photstream.
This idea would work great for other occasions like birthdays and get well cards.