I remember being so relieved when the man in the nice polo shirt showed up on my doorstep with arms full of groceries. I didn't have to set foot outside the house and I could rest my feet (erm, cankles) on a propped up pillow in peace.
As my daughter grew older and we added one more to make us a family of four, I looked forward to those lazy strolls down the aisles of my local grocery store, all by myself. I would pour over every item that slightly piqued my interest in hopes of prolonging my "alone time".
These days, I am thinking it would be nice to spend that time crafting, creating, spending time with Muffin Tin Dad or to catch up on blog reading.
So when I revisited Vons.com recently (whose family of grocery stores include Vons, Safeway, Pavillions to find out if Vons.com serves your area visit the Vons.com FAQ page ) I was thrilled to see my old friend still there, ready to help me shop in the comfort of my own home (and my favorite black yoga pants).
Ordering your groceries online isn't difficult. In fact, Vons.com makes it easy with just a few clicks of the mouse.
I was able to set up an account (or in my case, re set up). Browse items by category or by aisle, shop any time day or night, schedule my groceries to be delivered as early as the next day (sometimes in less than 24 hrs) and pay for them all in a few simple steps.
Things I loved:
- Shop at anytime, day or night. Seriously. I completed my order at midnight and had it in my hands at 1pm the next day.
- Shopping by aisle. I could find items quickly, just like my local store
- Free shipping on my first order, and delivery as low as $6.95
- Savings offered via the Vons Club Card are automatically included.
- Saves your purchase history for a simplified online shopping experience the next time around
- Order party platters from the Deli/Signature Cafe for your next birthday party, monday night football, or family get together and have it delivered right to your home!
- Have the choice of accepting other brands or sizes in case the one you chose is not available
In the future, I 'd love to see the ability to use gift cards.
You don't have to be on bed rest or be home bound to enjoy all the benefits that Vons.com has to offer. However, I think Vons.com would be perfect for:
- Expecting moms on bed rest
- Working Parents
- Stay-at-home parents with preschoolers and toddlers
- Those without a car
- Senior Adults who are unable to go out
- Busy professionals
- Fantastic way to surprise a needy family with some much needed groceries
Would I shop Vons.com again? Yes, absolutely.
AN EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR YOU!
The folks at Vons.com have graciously given me a promotional code to share with you: MUFFIN
Using the code MUFFIN at check out provides you with not only FREE SHIPPING but $7 off your first order of $50 at Vons.com
What about you? Would you use Home Grocery Delivery? Do grocers in your state offer something similar?
*Disclosure, I was given 2 Gift Cards in order to shop at Vons.com and share with you my experience. My opinions are my own and objective.