Recently, after spending a good portion of my day doing copious amounts laundry, I devised a simple, yet effective way to get my kids to put away the stacks of freshly clean clothes. Armed with a stack of post-its and a black sharpie pen, I labeled each dresser drawer with the corresponding clothes item (and I drew a little picture to go with each word).
Here's why it works:
- My kids learn independence
- Helps hone their sorting skills
- Helps my new reader learn words
- Helps my emerging reader with letter recognition
- Post-its are temporary-perfect for dresser drawers that always seem to be in transition
- They know where every clothes item is and where it goes
- One item off my to-do list
- My kids love it!