Be prepared for ooey-gooey chocolate goodness.
Chocolate Caramel Trifle
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
- Eggs, Water, Vegetable Oil and milk for above preparation
- 1 jar or squeeze bottle of caramel sauce (won't need whole jar for recipe)
- 1-2 small tubs of Cool Whip
- Optional: sprinkles or crushed up Heath candy bars
- 1 large bowl or "trifle bowl" as shown in the photo
- Prepare Chocolate cake as directed on box using 8 or 9 inch round cake pans. (If you don't have a round one, a 13x9 will work. Just cut the 13x9 into cubes for layering). Let Cool.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed. let cool (I make my pudding while the cake is baking).
- Place 1 round cake in the bottom of trifle. Poke holes in it with the bottom of a wooden spoon
- Drizzle Caramel sauce over the cake, completely covering it (or to your liking.)
- Spoon a healthy layer of pudding (about half) on top.
- Spoon a healthy layer of Cool Whip
- Repeat steps 1-4,layering cake, caramel sauce, pudding and cool whip.
- Add sprinkles or your favorite candy garnish on top.
*Takes about 1 hour from start to finish.