- (1) 2-3 lb. Sirloin Tip Pot Roast
- (1) 12 oz bottle of Hefeweizen beer (I chose an imported Bavarian ale from Trader Joe's)
- (1) package onion soup mix (or can substitute with minced fresh garlic, salt and pepper, and minced fresh onion)
- Salt and Pepper "to taste"
- 1/4-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Heat a shallow pan with oil on high. Get it piping hot.
Mix together the package of soup mix and 1 bottle of beer (Set aside)
Sprinkle a dash of pepper on the cut of meat and cover in flour
Sear each side of the roast in the pre-heated pan for 2 minutes or less.
Remove fro heat after 2 minutes and place in crockpot.
Pour Beer mixture over the meat in the crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
"Au Jus" can be saved for pouring over the meat or thickened with flour to make gravy
Serve the slow-cooked Pot Roast With Onion Roasted Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli