Red Velvet Cookies From Cake Mix......
So unbelievably amazingly delicious (if you like red velvet).
Smother them with some cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.
- 1 box any variety, any flavor cake mix (I like Betty Crocker yellow cake, chocolate (pictured), or spice cake)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegtable oil (canola works fine too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together in a bowl until dough forms
- Scoop spoonfuls into bowl of granulated sugar
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove promptly and let stand for a few minutes
- Cover with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles (optional)
I role my my spoonfuls of dough in sugar, but that is an optional step (it makes them look pretty too!)
And I find that if I remove them from the oven right at the 10 minute mark, they are softer and more chewy.
Wickedly easy. No, seriously.
Enjoy in moderation. As in, you are forewarned. You will want to eat them all.
*This recipe was previously published on September 13, 2008 and Oct 23, 2010 on this blog and is reprinted with permission by me.