Spring is a great time for crafting and fun with the kids. There are so many fun themes to explore. Plants, flowers, baby animals, bunnies, chicks and of course butterflies! Butterfly crafts for kids also are great teaching tools. Butterflies are a symbol of renewal, rebirth and overcoming obstacles. And besides that, they’re pretty!
Here’s how to make a muffin cupcake liner butterfly craft:You’ll need:
- Clothespin peg
- 2 cupcake liners
- chenille pipe cleaner
- black fine tip pen
- craft glue
- glitter glue (optional)
- Fold each cupcake liner in half.
- Glue each cupcake liner to the side of the clothespin peg, flattening the liner in the center so it adheres to the clothespin
- Cut a snippet of the chenille pipe cleaner and fold it in half to make antennae.
- Glue antennae to the top of the peg (as shown in the photo)
- Add glitter glue to the round edge of the cupcake liner
- Draw on a face, if desired.
*The muffin liners in the photo butterfly craft photo above are from Michael's ArtMake an afternoon of it with this butterfly kid’s lunch or snack