This mandarin lime Hansen's soda cake recipe is based on my citrus almond champagne cake. What I love about using Hansen's Natural Soda in this recipe is that with over 30 different Hansen's flavors, the possibilities are endless for creating new cake flavors. Just think what the Mango Orange or Pomegranate flavors would taste like!
- 1 bundt pan
- 1 can of Hansen's Natural Soda any flavor (stay with the light fruity flavors for starters)
- 1 box White Cake Mix any brand
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Oil.
For Frosting Glaze:
- 1/2 pound to 1 pound powdered sugar
- 3 limes
- Part of the can of Hansen's
Directions: (you are essentially replacing the water that is called for in the boxed cake mix with Hansen's Natural Soda)
- Preheat your oven according to the box directions
- Grease your bundt pan
- Measure out 1 1/4 cups Hansens Soda. Set aside the rest from the can (you'll need it later to make the frosting glaze)
- In a bowl/mixer combine cake mix, 1 1/4 cup Hansen's, Eggs, and oil.
- Mix on medium for 2 minutes (or as the box instructs.)
- Pour into Bundt pan.
- Bake at temp and time according to the box directions.
- Allow to cool
Lime Frosting Glaze:
Pour 1 cup of powder sugar into a bowl
Beat in tablespoon at a time of fresh squeezed lime juice and the rest of the hansen's soda until you have a glaze-like consistency. It's completely up to you how thick you want it. Add more sugar or soda as desired.
One cake has cooled, pour the lime soda frosting over the bundt cake making sure to cover it evenly. It will pool at the bottom and soak into the cake. (That's my favorite part).
Serve and enjoy! It tastes very light and fluffy and somewhere between regular cake and angel food cake.
Wait! There's a giveaway!
I am so excited to be able to give away a Hansen's Natural Soda prize package to one lucky winner. All you have to do is pop over to Hansens.com, browse their flavors and leave a comment telling me which flavor is your favorite or if you have never tried Hansen's, which would you choose. And I'm telling you right now, you want to enter because getting Hansen's delivered to your doorstep is just plain awesome. And did you know that if your local grocer doesn't carry your fave flavor, you can order Hansen's right from the comfort of your home through Amazon...more awesome.
*This has been a sponsored post on behalf of Hansen's Natural Soda. All views expressed her in are my own. Hansen's is awesome and I count it a privilege to have been part of this 3 month campaign.
a Rafflecopter giveaway