Maybe it's the end of summer and the back-to-school schedule that has me hungering for meals with fresh ingredients without a bunch of work. Sometimes, I'll walk the produce section at the grocery store and pick up whatever sounds good at the time, cut it up, throw it together and add a simple vinaigrette and that's dinner - or lunch. Since I had just had salad the night before, I decided to make these easy cilantro chicken lettuce wraps.
Here's what you'll need to make Cilantro Chicken and Ranch Lettuce Wraps (although of course you can customize your ingredients to your personal taste):
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups roasted chicken (pulled and cut into pieces- I purchased a precooked whole chicken from the deli section of the grocery store)
- 1/2 red onion -diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cut cilantro
- 2 small tomatoes - diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese, any variety
- 1/2 green bell pepper - diced
- 1/4 ranch dressing
*Mix all ingredients and spoon inside halved Romaine lettuce leaves.
*Optional: Add the juice of 1 lime
*Serves 2: Adjust ingredients to taste
You might also like: These easy pale lettuce wraps